Broken down stats by agent version is completely out of it
See my paint collage attached
Ah. Ok, even with the worst mindset, it's hard to arg here.
We will try to reproduce that, but could you send us the result of :
grep -i -A2 "rudder-agent" /var/rudder/inventories/received/* | grep VERSION
So that we can know if the drug is on the search engine or in the dashboard.
- grep -i -A2 "rudder-agent" /var/rudder/inventories/received/* | grep VERSION | grep 2.8.0 | wc -l
- grep -i -A2 "rudder-agent" /var/rudder/inventories/received/* | grep VERSION | grep "2.1.*" | wc -l
Yes there's something fishy there ...
Ah, the test was not meaningfull because there is all inventories here.
But still, there is too much 2.8 reported. I will check both my "algebra for kids" book and what we are doing on Rudder.
same problem with my installation
1 node upgrade of 11
in dashboard I saw 25%
1/11 != 0,25 :'(
for information :
grep -i -A2 "rudder-agent" /var/rudder/inventories/received/* | grep VERSION | grep "3.0.3" | wc -l
grep -i -A2 "rudder-agent" /var/rudder/inventories/received/* | grep VERSION | grep "3.0.4" | wc -l
- Assignee set to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Priority changed from N/A to 3
- Target version set to 3.0.5
Vincent, could you look at that ?
- Target version changed from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6
I've been looking at the code computing this value, and I fail to understand its behaviour
we get all software that are rudder-agent (ok)
we get their dn (ok again)
we convert soft entry to proper soft object (ok)
then we search node that have any of their software which are one of the soft object, and filtering result by equaling the softDN by softDN - here we should search all node, and filter the dn in the result only, has all accepted nodes are bound to have a rudder-agent, and the OR can get quite big
finally, we get the software object, and take their DN, and are getting version of the soft from the DN
The last 2 steps look very dubious to me ...
- Target version changed from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Vincent MEMBRÉ to François ARMAND
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/891
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 3.0.7 and 3.1.0 which were released today.
- Has duplicate Bug #6308: Node breakdown by agent version shows both 3.0.1 and 3.0.1.release added
- Has duplicate User story #6776: Please correct node breakdown by agent graph added
Also available in: Atom