User story #7908
Keep N last inventories generated on the node
Today, we are deleting the inventory file after sending it to the node's promises server. There is no good reason for that safe saving space, and a lot of reason to keep the N last inventories on the node, for example:
- using the file for other things than Rudder
- being able to see when the last inventory was generated on a node
So we should at least keep the last inventory file on the node in a standardised place, and perhaps even the N last.
Perhaps we have to keep a configuration option somewhere to force not keep the inventory file in extremelly space constrained environment (but we are talking of less than 1Mo, more likelly 50ko-200ko, especially on constrained device with little softwares, processes).
#21 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 10 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Nicolas CHARLES
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1247
#24 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 10 months ago
- Pull Request changed from https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1247 to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1258
#25 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 10 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|981904235ee79ef8830597e27a6ca26665800300.
#26 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 10 months ago
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|a79c5e949396e7c912addb93e099ac8877899d22.