Deleted directives are not always removed from rule (and are then not actionnable)
At least in rudder 5.0
When a directive that was previously used in a rule is removed (I don't know how) the generation fails with the message "Cannot build Rule vars".
The only way to work around this is to modify the rule (ex changing the description) and save it.
Updated by François ARMAND 9 months ago
- Subject changed from When a directive doesn't exist anymore generation may fail to Deleted directive are not always remove from rule and not actionnable
- Target version set to 5.0.10
- Severity set to Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
- User visibility set to Operational - other Techniques | Rudder settings | Plugins
- Effort required set to Small
- Priority changed from 0 to 67
I think that the fact that the generation fails is what is expected. But the problem seems more to be that if you go to the rule, you don't see that there is a directive in that rule which doesn't exist anymore.
We should display a directive box with an error, with at least the directive ID. Moreover, it would allow to remove it and save the rule.
I'm setting the criticity to "major", because it's not clear at all what the user need to do to be able to make a generation works again.
Updated by François ARMAND 3 months ago
- File 2019-11-14_11.42.08-Rudder_-_Rules_Management.png 2019-11-14_11.42.08-Rudder_-_Rules_Management.png added
- Category deleted (
Web - Config management)
- Target version deleted (
- User visibility deleted (
Operational - other Techniques | Rudder settings | Plugins)
- Effort required deleted (
- Priority changed from 62 to 0
Now they appear in red "error" (cf screenshot)