'ip' fields in techniques/directives does not support ipv6
Currently there is an "ip" type of contraint for the input fields in the metadata.xml, however, there is none for the IPv6 Address format.
Since IPv6 is getting used more and more, it would be highly recommended to have a validated type that accepts ipv6 formats.
EDIT: the implemented solution have three constraints:
<CONSTRAINT><TYPE>ip</TYPE></CONSTRAINT> <!-- accept both ipv4 and ipv6 --> <CONSTRAINT><TYPE>ipv4</TYPE></CONSTRAINT> <!-- accept ipv4 only --> <CONSTRAINT><TYPE>ipv6</TYPE></CONSTRAINT> <!-- accept ipv6 only -->
Updated by Nicolas CHARLES almost 5 years ago
- Category set to Web - Config management
Ha - this is right
ip is currently used in sshConfiguration technique
It only validates ipv4
- Make ip validate both ipv4 and ipv6 (could it break something ??)
- Make ip validate only ipv4, and create ipv4 alias, plus ipv6; and create a new type that validate both
- do something else more clever that I don't see ?
Updated by François ARMAND almost 5 years ago
I agree we must continue to support existing installation without change. But I thing that "ip" should match both ipv4 and ipv6, and take a (new) paramter to restrict to one kind.
the rationnal is that people having used "ip" check were not expecting "only ipv4" at the time.
Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ over 4 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 3.1.15/14 and 3.2.8/7 which were released today.
- 3.1: Announce Changelog
- 3.2: Announce Changelog
- Download: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/