In directive, change input for parameter from technique editor from text to textarea
Let me start by saying amazing project what you are doing!
I have some feedback over the directives page of rudder currently I am trying to abstract data away from techniques and one thing I am creating is a technique to deploy certificates and add them to correct groups but I have noticed that the text field in directives is not multi-line.
So my question is would it be possible to make the text entry field in directives multi-line like that same text box in ensure file contents in the technique editor?
Updated by François ARMAND 8 months ago
- Severity set to Critical - prevents main use of Rudder | no workaround | data loss | security
- User visibility set to Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings
- Effort required set to Small
- Priority changed from 0 to 88
OK, so real long term correction is to be able to select the kind of field generated by the technique parameter.
The short term solution is to just use textarea in place of input text.
Updated by François ARMAND 7 months ago
- Subject changed from Directives Textbox to In directive, change input for parameter from technique editor from text to textarea
I'm not sure why I set it to "critical".
So, we should change the generated metadata to "textarea".
As that input is given to a cfengine bundle/dsc method parameter, we need to verify that:
- line returns are correctly quoted,
- big, long texts are not truncated / badly quoted.
Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ 7 months ago
- Effort required changed from Small to Medium
- Priority changed from 87 to 56
This appear to be nastier to change.
I changed to a textarea field, but the string is formatted to be correctly indented with the promiser in the ruder-directives.cf file
If we use set this string:
Small text multiline to check
the rudder-directives.cf corresponding call is:
"Global configuration for all nodes/test" usebundle => test("Small text multiline to check");
Adding spaces on the left of multiline and "to check" line