User story #9698
Import node properties from external data sources
Some data may be available outside of Rudder to be used to configure your nodes.
To be able to use them in Rudder you need to add them into Rudder as Node properties.
That task may be complicated to achieve and even more to automate (so data stays up to date), we want to add a way to do this easily in Rudder.
We will have to define those external data sources in Rudder. Rudder will then fetch data from them and add them as properties for each nodes.
- request type (one by node, one for all nodes)
- A way to define data access into received data
- Update frequency
- Backend storage for datasources
- An api Rest to define datasource
- An ui to define datasource
- System to fetch data sources and add them as properties
- Scheduler to launch it asynchronously
- Use these data in policy generation
#2 Updated by François ARMAND about 2 years ago
@Janos: in all case, the behavior is limited to the key "data-source-name".
We have thought to have an option in the data source configuration with the following option, when nothing is found for a node:
- ignore (i.e: don't modify the existing state)
- raise an error;
- delete value for "data-source-name" key
- use a default value = ....